About the Role?
Our Client a young company established in 2015 providing a British-built, world-leading eCommerce analytics platform that helps brand owners compete and win online. Their technology serves their clients by tightly monitoring their products’ performance in online retail channels against a unique framework.
In the UK, this is done across all the major online players such as Tesco, Sainsbury’s, Asda, Ocado, Morrisons, Waitrose & Amazon and specialist websites. Across Europe today they cover Spain, France, Germany, Italy, Poland, Sweden, this is growing year on year.
By acting on this Agencies’ insights and tools, brand owners are able to gain significant competitive advantage by optimising online ranging, pricing, positioning, promotion and from executing their category strategy with real-time insight.
The Senior Business Development Manager will play key role in growing this Agencies client list through new business acquisition.
Reporting to the Business Development Director, you will be responsible for developing sales opportunities throughout the sales cycle from prospecting, setting and attending sales appointments, proposal writing and through to winning the business.
You will be joining a team of dedicated and supportive professionals and will be expected to have a ‘can-do’ attitude and become self-sufficient as quickly as possible. You will be an ambitious self-motivated individual who is target orientated and keen to develop their career in this exciting sector. This is a business to business, commercial, new business role in where the successful candidate will be adding to our impressive client list that includes companies such as General Mills, Mars Wrigley, Nestlé Purina, Edgewell, McCain and more. As such we are looking for a senior level, high calibre individual with a proven track record in new business acquisition, excellent communication, selling and negotiation skills who is tenacious, target focused and has the desire to grow with the significant growth ambitions of the business.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to develop their career further as the growth ambition of the business is substantial, both in the UK and internationally.
Responsibilities will include:
- Lead generation through existing network, and all usual prospecting routes
- Building and managing a sales pipeline commensurate with meeting your sales targets
- Booking and leading sales meetings across FMCG and additional relevant verticals
- Presenting and preparing proposals to the highest standard and in line with their business needs
- Negotiating and closing new business contracts to the profitable benefit of the Agency
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of our eCommerce Analytics product, and target verticals (industries)
- Work collaboratively with Business Development Director and Marketing on lead generation activities.
- Develop strong collaborative relationships with all internal stakeholders such as Customer Success, Onboarding and Dev Ops.
Desired Skills & Experience
- At least 5 years’ experience of selling Business Analytics to senior marketeers within FMCG companies with a strong track record of exceeding targets and building long term relationships
- Experience of working in FMCG in a sales or category role is highly advantageous as is having in place a strong network of contacts from category or eCom roles within FMCG companies
- A good understanding of the consumer goods sector and retail environment in the UK.
- Capable of understanding customer needs to identify high quality sales prospects that will enable long term business development.
- Strong verbal, written and face to face communication skills.
- An understanding of or an interest in e-commerce.
- Good working knowledge of CRM systems (currently uses HubSpot), Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook).
Key Performance Measures
- Number of quality sales leads and pipeline progression
- Client Meetings
- New Business Sales Revenue
Location: Office based in London Bridge, London when not onsite at client meetings.