About the Role?
Purpose of Role
To win new strategic clients for this Great Outsourced Sales Agency to achieve profitable business growth
You will be the face of the Agency and develop relationships with decision makers and influencers to ensure that the Agency is always the agency of choice for outsourced sales teams.
You will work with key Agency stakeholders to understand and define the key target clients across all divisions. You will define a strategic plan to introduce the Agency Solutions and ensure that our key points of difference are recognised by our target clients.
You will develop an opportunity pipeline through assessments of opportunities and target markets, information gathering on customers and competitors, generation of new opportunities, exploitation of marketing campaigns and sales leads, follow-up sales activity, formal proposal writing, presentation negotiation and closing of the sale.
You will be required to represent the voice of the client by feeding insight back into the business to build better customer solutions for future
You will have the ability to tell great stories and create compelling and stand out presentations / written responses that truly capture the imagination of all stakeholders to see what is possible with the Agency.
- Account based sales and marketing – build networks across the Agency top target clients, and have the ability to engage at Director level
- Offer consultative advice to clients through selling compelling Agency solutions that delivers benefit to the brand & Agency
- Develop proposals that demonstrate clear water between FM AGENCY and other competitors within the industry the Agency
- Negotiate best outcome for all including the Agency and Brands
- Be proactive in identifying target clients and sectors to close the new business gap
- Meet with clients to understand business needs and challenges at both the time of the tender and ahead of any tender opportunities
- Assess incoming opportunity for win probability and review whether the Agency should respond
- Take ownership and leadership for responding to RFP and RFI
- Take briefs from prospective clients and understand their challenges
- Develop extensive knowledge and expertise in the top 10 target clients so you know are well informed to provide the best solutions
- Consider how digital solutions could drive benefit to the Agency proposal
- Take responsibility for creating the Agency proposal including compiling content and building the commercial plan.
- Work as part of a team or lead a team from brief through to pitch, creating the solution through input from key people within the New Business Team, the wider Agency
- Close sales and achieve new business GR and NR targets
- Provide regular updates on progress to the business and milestones to achieve commercial goals
- Cross sell other Agency services as required to ensure that the GR and NR target is achieved
- Whilst the role will be predominately field sales you may be required to work across any Agency channel as required to ensure the GR and NR target is achieved
- Engage all internal Agency stakeholders to develop our response to RFPs
- Utilise the Groups and wider group network to support proposals as required
- Ensure that all tasks and workstreams are delivered on time to meet the deadlines of the RFP
- Liaise with key stakeholders to ensure that we are asking the right questions to get under the skin of the client business and needs
- Use social media to ensure that the Agency solutions are shared to reach target clients
- Manage relationships with internal and external customers, stakeholders and suppliers.
- Proactive approach to develop long term relationships with potential clients
- Keep finger on the pulse of competitor offerings and innovation
- Support junior members of the new business team to provide advice and support to achieve overall GR / NR
Skills, experience and knowledge
- Experience of selling to Directors / MD level
- B2B sales experience with evidence of selling multi-million complex services
- Proven business development experience delivering winning, +million-pound product or complex services opportunities.
- Strong and confident presentation skills
- Creative and prepared to challenge the status quo to get the best results for all
- High level of negotiation skills
- Ability to story tell and engage an audience
- Ability to influence and actively listen
- Excellent interpersonal skills – comfortable and adept at managing multiple stakeholders and relationships
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Excellent project management and time management skills
- Experience of working in FMCG/fast moving environment
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills; able to adopt a creative or innovative approach when needed
- Experience in agency or with blue chip manufacturers preferable
- Competent in the use of Microsoft office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Ability to manage forecasts, budgets and costings.
- A self-starter, comfortable in being able to work in isolation and confident in discussing products and services
- Financially astute with a strong commercial acumen
- Enjoys working in a target driven environment
- Curious – seeks to understand what is going on and proactive in recommending improvements
- Works effectively as part of the team, collaborating and providing support when required
- Driven and prepared to push others to develop the best possible solution for the Agency clients
- Actively seeks and acts on feedback for continuous development and can articulate strengths and development areas
- Demonstrates a level of self-awareness in interactions with colleagues and seeks feedback and continuous development